Sunday, April 10, 2005

Weekend

Its been a good weekend so far. Got up really early on Saturday and after working a bit at home headed to school to tackle some of the work that seemed to have piled up. Nats and Sank had some work too, so we all landed up at a very deserted North Campus.

We finished up work by the evening and headed back home to go do some groceries shopping. It turned out to be one hilarious "Aldies" trip. Soray was "high", literally and figuratively ;). Nats seemed to suddenly take a liking for my jacket, which wasnt good news for either my jacket or me. ;) Sank worked his immitations to good effect and me, well I was just being myself, which is bad enough, when I wasnt keeping nats at bay ;). Ashish was the one who had to endure all of us. So did the other shoppers who were sending enough glares and stares in our direction to tell us in unequivocal terms what they thought of us and our antics.

Came back home and after a quick trip to 122 we settled down to cook food. Nats was the head chef today and she and soray have an unparalleled passion for cooking that fascinates me. Watching the enthusiasm with which they cook is a pleasure surpassed by only one other pleasure, eating the food they whip up.;) To quote Bertie Wooster, "I regret having only one stomach to put at their disposal." Helped Nats and then sat around to watch the movie on "Metallica". A few minutes into the movie after finishing dinner I got the distinct feeling that my eyelids seemed to have rebelled against the brain and acquired a mind of their own. Here I was enjoying a Metallica movie and they were shutting despite the many messages to the contrary being sent by the brain. Ohhhh welll... I decided to call up manish who is in jersey to try and sort out a small problem he's been facing. I dont even know if I slept off before or after calling him. ;)

Talking of which congratulations are in order to Dhimonda for getting into IIM-A. The only problem is now that you are going to end up as a junior to Sukha who has expressed his desire in no uncertain terms to extract retribution for all the days we spent throwing stones at his window in the dead of the night from across his wing calling him various names. ;)

Got up in the morning and sank and nats decided that they wanted to have dosas in the morning. For a person who has spent the better part of his life so far eating dosas as and when he can this was music to the ears. So we pulled out all the dosa mixes we had around the house and started making it. Its not exactly the same authentic one I make at home given that its a mix, I aint one to complain when it comes to food. One thing it did tell me is that I now know one thing that is making the trip back from India this time around and that is the wet grinder or the mixer. I dont think I would want to live one more year without hot dosas around to tide me over. :)

Felt good to talk to sandy and get things moving along. It just struck me buddy that more than anything we did for robotix its the club that did so much for us. It taught us a lot and being put in charge sort of gave us an objective to drive relentlessly towards ;) Without it we might have been like the rebels without a cause, if you know what I mean :)

Finally one stubborn person to another, Im trying, seriously I am ;) You see I keep most of my promises.:) The only difficult ones are when its too tempting, as you very well know or if circumstances contrive against.. as nats will attest to ;)

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter spider tracker