Thursday, April 21, 2005

What do you do when courage dies?

"What do you do when courage dies?" ... someone asked me that a long time ago and looked at me confident that he would find the answer with me. After all hadnt I answered so many others. It was a classic case of blind leading the blind. I stopped to think if this is what parents go through when children ask them questions expecting them to know all the answers.

Well to cut a long story short, I failed, failed as a friend, failed as a colleague and above all failed as a leader for I failed to answer that day and eventually when the answer did come it wasnt with the conviction you expect. I could see it in his eyes that he knew that this was not "THE" answer but the best I could do at the moment and sometimes even your best is not good enough.

As Churchill, perhaps the greatest of them leaders said, “Before you can inspire with emotion, you must be swamped with it yourself. Before you can move their tears, your own must flow. To convince them, you must yourself believe.”

And to think I do not have the answer to this after all these years and the question still stands. Let me end with another of Churchill's sayings, “Mountaintops inspire leaders but valleys mature them.”. He said some rather good things, ehh :)

2 Comments:

Blogger che sara sara said...

me had situations of such sort....when i lost all my courage....best wat i think is to put all the trust on God...and believe Him...He will take care..

7:34 AM  
Blogger Calvin said...

man, without courage things get hard.. cos even when you don't have the knowledge or luck, courage gives you fortitude..

9:28 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter spider tracker