Thursday, May 12, 2005

The End

The end is in sight.. the end of the semester.. although at this stage .. any end looks welcome enough ;). This has been one long and big operation. Kept BD awake through the night on Monday working on the project. Actually reminded me of those days in kgp when alongwith sandy we would work through the night at times trying to solve some problem with robotix, be it managerial or technical. Its a different matter that BD is now all the way in arizona. :) Praise be to free night-time minutes. The fact that we kept talking till my phone ran out of charge and then on another phone gives you some idea. Well the output looks promising and that is incentive enough. Thats one thing I will always cherish my time in kgp for, for having giving me such friendships that I know will last as long as each one of us lives.

With this, the semester comes to a close and have to say Im decently happy with having achieved quite a few of the goals I set out to achieve, especially considering that I've been down with health issues for a large percentage of the semester. But then thats thanks to another of kgp's lessons in life and having some amazing friends. But then some of the best times I've had are not related directly to acads and that is what is primarily satisfying. I talked of a paradigm shift that had come over and I needed to know that it was not a one off and that it would last the distance. Well to cut a long story short it has lasted the whole distance. Its good to know that some of the strategic planning has begun to show results now. I can only hope that some of the initiatives I am taking up right now will show similar results six months from now.

What has been even more pleasant has been the times spent away from work and yes I do look forward to the breaks, nonsensical though some might be inclined to term it and i doubt if that looking forward will ever change. I think that is one of the biggest pluses in the last four months. I've got back to some of the things that I had always loved but lost touch with. Writing, in the form of this blog and otherwise, speaking in public, getting back to juggling multiple things.. (as sukha pointed out recently it wouldnt just be me if I wasnt pursuing multiple things at once;)). More importantly I have gotten around to enjoying these things again. Inspirations for writing now abounds in plenty. ;) Its like some wise and lovely soul calls it .. returning toys to a kid ;).

The next few weeks promise to be fun. Most of my roomies are graduating this weekend, and bunty and pinkster should be arriving the coming week as well. Its the best we can do with shiv and abi not able to make it. Well they should be able to make it towards the end of the break. Well have to get back to work one last time.. :) If you are reading this sandy, its time to get back to getting some of the stuff that we put on the backburner to the fore again.

Over and out folks...

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter spider tracker