Saturday, May 07, 2005

Memories Revisited

Its been a mixed day today. Finished with all my projects but one and this one project looks to be more work than everything else put together. But thats how things turn out sometimes. Whether we manage to salvage something out of this is going to be critical in more ways than one.

Did not have a particularly pleasant time in the afternoon and then decided I needed a break before diving back into work. What better way to work off some frustration than go out and play cricket. This was the full fledged version. Adi and the boys were playing in the campus and I needed no second invitation. I was out there in a flash. Took some time getting my bearing right. After all it was a concrete pitch, the ball does not come on that easily. It took a while to get into the whole scheme of things as you work out the angles but once there it was fun again. :) The best part was when I finally got to bowl. For some strange reason, the rhythm was there as you ran in and bowled with the same enthusiasm of old. It brought back memories of bowling in tandem with sukha ;). And then memories of chasing down many a total with sukha both of us coming in as the last two batsmen.

I was just wondering, as is my wont, and it struck me that again I have changed. I had written in a previous post of mine that kgp had changed me and rite had asked me to write about how it had changed me. I guess its inevitable despite your desperately wanting not to change and wanting others u hold dear to not change too. I think this is why this line I read a long time ago hit me again " The most beautiful discovery true friends make is that they can grow separately without growing apart."

While writing this I realise that whenever I quote something it is invariably something I have read a "long time ago" ;) But then I believe in Einstein's statement "Reading, after a certain age, diverts the mind too much from its creative pursuits. Any man who read too much and uses his own brain too little falls into lazy habits of thinking." I have come to appreciate the simple pleasures of writing and the even more pleasurable activity of writing at "targetted" audiences. And creativity is something I enjoy a lot be it names or nething else. I just hope that my targetted audiences enjoy it as much as I enjoy writing it ;)

Well on that happy note I think its time to end .. over and out people... ;)

2 Comments:

Blogger Calvin said...

yes we do :-)

12:15 PM  
Blogger PIV said...

hehe... thanks soray. :)

8:14 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter spider tracker