Saturday, June 04, 2005

A Talk in Time

This is it. I had finally got what I was looking for. I had the information that I came searching for. I hoped my other friends have done as well in their endeavours. I move towards the exit and then I hear the call. I havent heard it since ... I dont even remember how long back that was. I turn in the direction of the voice and I see him. Its hard not to. In a sea of well dressed people there he sat on a small table in his faded blue jeans and a equally fading tee-shirt. You could sense the intrigue hanging around him. A package lay by his side. He looked as if he was waiting for someone. And now he was looking straight at me. Something about him looked very familiar.

I walked up to him and sat on the opposite side. Minutes passed by without a sound from him. The people milled around. Conversation seemed to be at a premium today which was surprising because he didnt seem the kind of guy to be at a loss for words.

"Hii there .. I'm ... ", was all I could get in before he cut me off, "I know who you are, I know why you are here and I know where you are going." Something about the way he said it and the serene calm smile told me to be on guard. That could not be too good I told myself. It was one of those few times I could feel the fear wash over me. I assumed the worst. Soon years of experience took over as the body by reflex replaced the sensation of fear with that of confidence and aggression. All this while I could see him observe me with the same knowing smile.

"Relax. I dont really care why you are here and what you are doing. The question old friend is do you know who you are and where you are headed."

"Who the hell are you?", I asked him a little put off by the implication that I knew not where I was going. Part of the me knew he wasnt too off the mark. All the while I try to jog my memory into remembering who he was.

"Do you know what you really want? What is it that really drives you? Have you told the people you love dearly that you do?" He gestured to the tools of the trade that I had placed by the side, "Is this what you want to do?". He indicated to where she was standing, glowing in the settling darkness with a look that seemed to question my sanity.

I was beyond indignant posturing and was now considering the questions that he was throwing at me. The answers were unsurprisingly enough a tad bit unsettling. By the time I turn back to look at him, he was gone. The package was still there. I open it and find that they contain sheets of paper with writings written in a handwriting that looks familiar too... well it had to be familiar.. it was mine.. written a long time ago.. writing that was so different that its hard to tell. .. everything seemed to fall into place now. I know now where I had seen that face ....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home


Cheap Domain Registration FREE hit counter spider tracker